08 November 2010

Chapter 2: Permission


Back inside the club Saint and Joshua sit in the back where they are away from any of the other patrons.
Joshua leaning back, “what kind of shit are you in, that now am in?”
Saint is reaching for a glass of liquor, he smells it and puts it down in disgust, “
  “ Now why would you wanna help me?”
Joshua pulling the dagger that Haven threw at him out of his pocket, “I’m helping myself. If she thinks were together it will just be a hassle.”
Saint “ I see, so it isn’t your conscience then.” Joshua looks at him with no amusement on his face. Saint noticing his impatience, “ Alright, alright dark one. I am being tracked by the lady and her companions, I have been for a few weeks now. I usually just kill the bounty hunters that come my way, but I figure the longer I let this novice bunch live the longer it will be before they send a real threat.”
Joshua sarcastically “ you sure it’s your conscience keeping them alive?”
Saint standing up as if to leave, “ touché  friend ,touché.”
Joshua looks at Saint, “where are you going?”
Saint, “ I will go my way and you go yours I am sure u can handle yourself. They will figure out that we are not together soon enough.”
Joshua stands up quickly with a slight hint of frustration.

“ Told you that isn’t going to work with those idiots! Just tell me what we have to decapitate or vanquish so I can be rid of this issue.”
Saint holding his hands outwardly as if to hold him back, “Okay okay, let us go somewhere more secluded.”
As we focus on a big building that is dingy and dark with walls, it is hard it us to be the White House. Things have been added on to make it resemble a small castle. Now the Over seer of this region resides there. His name is Luscious and he is a High Royal, after the disappearance of the actual Imperial that ruled this region he took stead there. He was a dedicated soldier in the Nightmare Wars, as the humans refer to it.
A dark hallway lit by candles along the corridor. There are two wooden doors.
A voice from the other side, “Enter Melissa.”
Pushing open both doors, Melissa walks in slowly, almost hesitating she closes the doors behind her. She sees , dressed in a black and red suit sitting behind a big hand crafted desk, a slender man with pale skin.
Melissa  looking towards him but not directly at him, “ You always know, don’t you?
Luscious picking up a letter opener with a small skull on it. He is playing with it, “ Yes, now what do you want?”
 Melissa’ “ I would like permission to hunt on your land Sire.”
Luscious throwing the letter opener down on the desk, “ like you asked me earlier before you went into one of my havens? “
Melissa is shocked, “ how did..”
He interrupts her.
“ Like you said, I always know. You were tracking Saint, you are lucky he finds some kind of amusement with you or you and your miscreant crew would be dead.”
Melissa, “ Haven guard said..”
He suddenly is standing face to face with her, “ Haven is not ruler of this region, I am!”
Melissa, “yes sire, I just..”
Luscious in anger, “ Just because your sucking on my son does not mean you get free reign, better understand that girl. Less my son finds another whore to defecate”
Melissa backing up, No sire will not happen again.” She holds he r head down.
Luscious walks back around the desk and takes a seat. He pushes a button under the desk. “You can leave now.”
Melissa bows, “Yes sire.”
As she goes to open the door several scantly clad females walk in and surround Luscious at his desk.
Not even looking at her when he speaks,“Leave now or become part of it girl.”
Melissa saying nothing walks out the open door. She closes it back and leans her back against it. She smiles with a hungry look in her eyes, she whispers,“power.”
Havengaurd from the shadows, “ I assume it went well, you are still breathing.”
Melissa in a cocky way, “I had him wrapped around my finger.”
haven just looks at her and partly smiles, “ Your delusion is cute  at times.”
 Melissa grabs his hand as they walk down the corridor.
 “Now I just need to work in the other part of our plan.”
Haven guard looking at her curiously, “ Our plan? I have no idea what our plan is.” Melissa kisses him on the cheek.
Haven continues, “What of your Uncle he is surely an obstacle now. He made short our people.”
Melissa looking devilish, “ Don’t worry about him, I have something for him as well.”
The scene moves to a tall cathedral left standing for the humans of this sector. Joshua and Saint are on the roof of this building. Joshua is standing on a ledge while Saint is leaned up against a door that probably leads downstairs.
Joshua with his back to Saint says in a low voice, “Well?”
Saint looks as if he doesn’t know what he means.
Joshua repeats, “ Well…who or what wants you dead?”
Saint standing up and taking a step towards Joshua, “ Oh, well it really starts way back during the Humans Nightmare wars.”
Joshua interrupts him, “Don’t really care to hear how many humans you slaughter or the sweet taste of their blood as u lay waste to the land. Just get to the who.
Saint, “ Oh no my friend it is quit the opposite, believe me I must tell it this way.” Joshua doesn’t give a reply he just looks down at the city.
Saint continues on, “ In the wars I was a lt. had a strong platoon of vampires at my disposal. We laid waste and slaughtered as you said, but it became less and less enjoyable as it were.”
Joshua turns his head slightly in Saints direction.
Saint keeps going.
“ You see I didn’t always do that, kill for no reason, I was a man of honor, I am a knight a solid warrior that always fought for truth, Until one day truth didn’t seem real to me anymore.’ saint shaking his head, “ but that is another story. I eventually started saving humans under the noses of my own men. Then one day I was found out.”
Joshua turning his head back to the city, “ Bet you didn’t get the Medal of Honor for that?”
Saint agreeing, “ No sir I did not. What I got was attacked by my platoon under direct orders from the Commander. They were to take me out, and would have if they hadn’t killed me.” Joshua “Your a pure born aren’t you? You were still part human, all the abilities at a lower scale with none of the weaknesses.”
Saint adding, “ yes, and once they stabbed my heart it made an unborn and all the gifts of being  a vampire came in full, the didn’t stand a chance.”
Joshua looks up at the sunless sky, “ So this commander of yours is still holding a grudge huh? Well we will have to just ask nicely for him to remove the bounty.”
Saint correcting, “Her, my commander was a woman, and at her present age and status she is an Imperial, over Iceland actually.”
Joshua coldly, “good.” he walks off the side of the cathedral, Saint rushes to the edge but is too late. Down on the ground we see Saint finally land after sliding down the side.
Joshua walks up to him, “ You gotta be quicker than that to take out a royal, Now do you happen to know where I can find a Celestial map?”
Saint I sir do not show off and yes as a matter of fact I do. Come with me.”
Saint starts walking.
Joshua looks at the sky then follows behind him. “What’s her name anyway?”
“Teresa” says a different voice.
We see A man dressed in chain mail with a crest on the front plate, seems to be two dragons fighting.
 He says , “Teresa, my dear are you sure this is what you want to do?”
 The man is obviously older looking than the female he is talking to, as if late 50’s or early 60’s.
She looks to be 25 no more than 30 years old. She is short, dressed in dark blue shorts and a fitting black shirt. Her hair is tied back but still long enough to touch the top of her back.
“ Yes I am, Chad. This amuses me.”
Chad scoldingly, “Imperials shouldn’t play with there food.”
We see a large coliseum with a foot ball field inside. There are two teams on the field, humans they look bloodied and beaten dressed in ragged football uniforms on both sides. Some can barely stand.
Teresa looking sternly at Chad, “ Do not question my decisions, my love, of course I am sure.”
 With that she heads to the field with no protective pads or helmet.
Quarter back yells, “hut, hut, hike!”
The players scramble running their given patterns. Bodies collide on the field there are grunts, groans and sounds of impact. We see a lone petite figure darting thru the middle of  this confusion. It is Teresa with the ball, elbowing would be aggressors. Shouting,  “I have the ball, Saviors sake! Take it from me, crush me!”
She crosses the in zone.

As she comes off the field she yells at both teams, “Where is that human spirit I used to see? This is your last chance at surviving. You win this game against me and my team of humans  and I’ll let you go free. But if your gonna die, do it with honor!”
The players look at each other somewhat confused then they look at her.
 Teresa, “ Time out.”
She walks back towards Chad, whom is waiting on the sideline for her, “This reminds me of when I used to watch you playing your games.” She wraps her arms around Chad as she softly says, “Remember what we used to do after the games, in secret?” She gently  kisses Chad and after, Chad turns his attention to the field, “It was in secret due to the laws, a knight cannot be with a child from the streets of the very town we protect.”
Teresa taking her arms from around him, “ I am a pure born Chad, I slowly age. I was only 18 when I finally awakened. Some would enjoy there woman being young for hundreds of years.”
Chad turning away from her, “You would know, wouldn’t you, love?”
Teresa some what annoyed, “It was you that waited til you got old and tired before you let me turn you.”
Chad, “indeed”
Teresa turning towards the field, “ I need too be satisfied my love you were so fragile as a human. I still let you visit my passion whenever the urge hit you did I not? Besides you are the only one that visits me no.“ She kisses his cheek as she walks out onto the field.
“Let’s Play, people!” surprisingly the crowd cheers, “ til the death!”

We now see a big room with books thrown all around. Melissa is sitting in front of a big book at a table full of flasks and cylinders. Michael is there with her pacing back and forth.
Michael, “Okay sis, I don’t get it.”
Melissa with her face still in the book responds, “yeah you never were good at this, I mix that red vial with this purple vile and boom you got something that will make a forever sick as a dog.”
Michael, “ No not that. I don’t get why you think we can do this plan of yours.” Melissa is still looking in the book.
Michael starts pacing more behind Melissa, “ We lost today we got our asses kicked by Uncle,  we lost everyone except us and Walter and Haven!”
Melissa raises her head from behind the book, “ Calm down brother before you get dumber. You know you can’t afford to get excited you might take this whole wing with you.”
Michael, “ Sorry sis, I’m calm.”
Melissa calmly speaks from behind the book again, “ I have a plan you know that. Our dear Uncle can’t fight us and an army at the same time.”
Michael looking confused, “Army? What do you mean by that?”
Haven guard walking in, “Yes, love what do you mean?”
Melissa closing the book and putting it in a satchel, “ Let’s just say we’re gonna have a little help from some strong friends.”
Haven, “so you know beings powerful enough to challenge your Uncle and helps us over throw my father and his Knight Guard? Your just gonna go ask them for help?”
Melissa walking past Haven and Michael.
She kisses her index and middle finger and presses them against Haven’s lips as she walks out.
Michael, “She scares me at times.
Haven in agreement, “I as well my friend, I as well.”
We now go to Joshua and Saint, they are in an old mansion that looks rather well for it’s age. Inside we see Joshua and Saint in a large room resembling a library or study.
Joshua, “So what are we doing here?”
Saint appears to be looking for something, as he slides a book case forward a big case of swords are revealed. There seems to be various swords from different eras and cultures. Saint removes several. He straps a long sword on his back and two on his sides.
“ My dark friend we are about to go up against an Imperial and her armed forces on her land. We may need some assistance. Also you need that map right?”
Joshua folding his arms and putting his hood over his face, “Speak for yourself.”
Saint pulls a hidden lever that causes a hidden door to slide open.
Joshua seeing this, “ Is that the Bat cave Mr. Wayne?”
Saint looks at him puzzled, “Who?”
Joshua walking through the doorway, “never mind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment